This is a rough guide on how to make the dress for Morgiana from Magi: Labyrinth of Magic
More details on making the outfit at my website.
This is a rough guide on how to make Morgiana's dress. I used one of Simplicity's top patterns. It's not a comprehensive tutorial, but it should give you an idea on what to do. I'm assuming you understand about seams and basic sewing. Google and DA have great tutorials on circle skirts and zipper installation.
♣ Check out my Facebook and website, Firecloak.net
- Cut out the front and back of the top.
- Sew the darts in for the front of the top
- Sew the top front and top back sides together.
- Cut the "back" in half. This is where the zipper will go.
- Cut out a full circle skirt (Click for tutorial), long enough for it to be either halfway past the thigh, or to the kneecaps. It depends on which artwork you are referencing. I wanted to show off my legs, so I cut it to my thighs.
- Cut a line through the circle skirt (thick line by "back of dress" label). This is where the zipper will go. This is the same zipper from the back of the top. The zipper must continue from the top to the skirt.
- Sew the inside of the skirt (pink) to the pink line on the top. Don't forget about seam allowance (I forgot to draw it in the skirt).
- Install the zipper.
- Cut out the belt. It's around 2 yards. I can't remember what I used exactly, but it should go around your waist twice
for more tutorials and progress pictures.
The Morgiana cosplay photo in the tutorial was taken by MajinBuchoy